We are looking for a skilled Healthcare Assistant to become a part of our Jessamy Staffing compassionate care-giving team. The right individuals will interact directly with patients, providing comfort and transportation, monitoring their vital signs and assisting with daily living needs. We are searching for dedicated, compassionate and energetic individuals to be vital links between our patients and the nurses and other agency staff.
- Assist with daily living activities.This includes delivering care to patients, turning and ambulating patients and providing plenty of fresh water, as well as extra nourishment between meals
- Help patients with personal hygiene. Provide patients with bedpans, help with baths, shampoos and showers
- Provide care for the patient, including ice packs, non-sterile dressings and therapeutic baths
- Check vital signs and record daily information in the patient’s chart
- Assist the nurses and other staff as needed
- Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures and abide by government regulatory requirements, as well as Nursing standards
Exact duties depending on assignment and client location.
- Desirable Skills
- GCSEs and A-levels or equivalent
Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to handle multiple tasks safely and effectively
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate sensitive information with empathy (“bedside manner”)
- High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical situations with a cool head.
To apply for this job please visit 20x.io.